Easy Leave-In Conditioner
The simplest DIY leave-in conditioner is one that makes use of your favorite store-bought conditioner.
Making a leave-in conditioner out of your regular conditioner is super easy and very affordable. You just need a clean spray bottle and a bottle of your favorite conditioner. It’s important to get the measurements right, otherwise, you’ll end up with hair that is filmy or flaky.
- 1 cup distilled water
- 4 tablespoons conditioner
- Pour the distilled water into a clean spray bottle.
- Add your favorite conditioner.
- Close the bottle and shake vigorously to mix.
- Apply this spray after washing your hair or as a mid-week refresher.
DIY Leave-In Conditioner with Aloe
Aloe vera is one of the most hydrating ingredients for hair and you may find that it does more for your hair than plain water.
Aloe vera juice contains several key vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids--all of which are ideal for hair. Purchase an aloe vera juice that is distilled and that does not require refrigeration. This will allow you to store your leave-in conditioner in your bathroom cabinet.
Avocado oil is one of the best oils for hair, and you’ll find the texture creamier than olive oil. However, you can still use olive oil if you have trouble finding avocado oil.
Keep in mind that this DIY mixture contains no emulsifier. Emulsifiers are usually added to store products to make the texture consistent. Because your DIY mixture contains no emulsifier, you’ll need to shake the bottle well each time you use it.
- 1 cup distilled aloe vera juice
- 2 tablespoons favorite conditioner
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin (optional)
- 5-15 drops lavender or other pleasant-smelling essential oil
- Pour the distilled aloe vera juice into a clean spray bottle
- Add your favorite conditioner and avocado oil.
- Add glycerin and lavender or another favorite essential oil.
- Close spray bottle and shake vigorously.
- Voila! Your leave-in conditioner is ready to use.