Q. Hi Keziah! Thank you for taking some time to chat with me. As the creator of a new hair tie, the Snap Off Hair Tie, we know some of your hair woes have been solved. You created one of the best hair ties for thick hair and everyone benefits from no more damage with those old worn out elastic bands. So what remains? What are your other hair pet peeves?
A. Yes, I still have a few pet peeves that I don't think I can do much about like random people touching my hair! Waking up with an automatic fro hawk and sleeping with wet hair.
Q. I share some of your frustrations! So, I know that you were recently featured by a new subscription box called Curl Kit who caters to curly hair individuals like yourself. Tell us, what product are you most excited to try from their package?
A. The Koils by Nature Hair and Body Butter! I'm all about oils, butters and cremes, they work really well for my skin and hair. Can't wait to lather it on and get that silky smooth!
Q. Have you tried any other subscription boxes? Which one(s) are you interested in?
A. Does Netflix count? (laughing). Curl Kit is my first subscription box and I love how you don't have to commit to a full-size bottle of something that may not work for you. You can get samples, it's wonderful, can't wait to try more. Some that I've been browsing are
- Curl Box which is another great one for natural hair. I'm always interested in new curly hair accessories and keeping up with new hair tie trends.
- Vegan Cuts Beauty Box seems interesting because I have sensitive skin and they offer eco-friendly, natural, clearly vegan, products. And they also have a snack box that sounds yummy!
- Birch Box is probably the most common subscription box I hear about and I admit, I'm curious. They have all kinds of subscription options available for men and women.
- Test Tube even though that is an interesting name for a subscription box (laughing)! It makes sense for what they offer because they give you the option of sample or full size products to try. Pretty cool.
Q. If you could pick 5 things to be featured in a subscription box, what would your wish list be and why?
- Deva Curl sample kit. All my friends with afros use this, I want to try it! Someone send me some!
- LUV Naturals products from the YouTuber Kim Love. I've watched all Kim Love's videos and took a lot of product recommendations from her that I've been using for a few years. She now has her own product! This is at the top of my to try list!
- Already made Flax Seed Gel. I’ve heard great things about this gel, the only problem.. where can I buy this already made? The people that recommend it make it themselves. I don't think I will be doing that.
- A Deva Cut hair cut from the Curl Doctor Shai Amiel at the Los Angeles Capella Salon. Would love to get the official Deva Cut done for my hair. Say I did it and look good too!
- Rhassoul Clay Mix. Definitely a try it before you buy it kind of thing for me. Clay on hair sounds messy, but if it produced the the results I've been hearing about, I'm all in!
Q. That would be such an awesome and exclusive subscription box maybe we can get someone to sponsor this idea! The subscription box concept is so great too with all of the various products that are coming out all the time. It's a great way to get recognition for new start up businesses, particular those for natural hair enthusiasts. As the President of a start up company, what has been your favorite aspect of entrepreneurship so far?
A. Connecting with all types of people and getting my product out to the world. As an entrepreneur, you have to learn and develop all types of skills, even the ones you are not good at. I have been able to connect with so many people with my product, whether it be moms, daughters, my curly hair sistas, dads, other entrepreneurs, you name it. Once I get time to talk about Snappee, I find that people love the product with out even having to sell it! And when you want to make a sale, you have to make that connection first. I really enjoy meeting new people, hearing what they're about and learning from them. It’s a really cool thing that we all do naturally, we want to help and connect with all people and I find this to be my favorite part of being an entrepreneur. Having something to share like Snappee that I can connect with all people in some kind of way.
So there you have it! Keziah's subscription box wishlist would be a dream come true. What would your subscription box wishlist include?
A big thank you to Curl Kit for featuring Snappee in their subscription box. We look forward to hearing from the members of Curl Kit with product reviews and testimonials.