Summer Hair With Snappee! June 02 2016 1 Comment
Summer, summer time! Yes, it’s almost summer time, and that means fun in the sun! Here at Snappee we created a few fun, beachy hairstyles that you can easily recreate when you hit the beach this summer. We love these hairstyles because they are not only easy to achieve but require little to no additional products! Just your hair and your Snappees. Here they are!
The Inverted Half Up Do
Grabbing lunch? Doing a little shopping before hitting the beach? This style is perfect to keep your hair out of the way and also gives you that effortless look, which we absolutely love!
1. Start with freshly washed hair, little to no product and/or no heat (or ladies second hair day!).
2. Next, detangle your hair with a brush or by finger combing.
3. Section the top half of your hair into a half ponytail, (at this time, you can fix your ponytail to your liking i.e. smoothing out bumps, or styling your bangs)
4.Secure your ponytail with your favorite Snappee, we first used only one to keep the hair in place.
5. Next split your hair just above where you secured your Snappee (make sure there is enough room).
6. Flip the rest of your ponytail inward through the parted opening, giving you an effortless twist.
7. We can’t get enough of our Snappees so we added another one for extra security and style!
The Bubble Ponytail
If you like to keep your hairstyles simple, the bubble ponytail is perfect for you! With this hairstyle you can achieve any activity such as swimming in the ocean or playing beach volleyball. This style allows you to participate in any activity while looking stunning (do your thing girl!).
- Now that you have learned how to create an inverted half do, put your skills to work and start off with an inverted half up ponytail. (Refer to style one to refresh your memory if you need to).
- Next, gather the remaining hair into a low ponytail and secure with a Snappee. (Here you can secure to your preference i.e a tight or loose grip).
- Here comes the bubble part, proceed about two inches down your ponytail and secure with another Snappee. The trick is to softly tug on the hair with your fingers between your two Snappees to create the bubble effect.
- Repeat Step 3 for the remainder of your ponytail. We recommend to tug each section before continuing. (For a cool color effect, mix and match your favorite Snappee colors).
- All done!
Regular Braids Meet Fishtail Pony
If the beach is your go to place to relax, let us help you look cute while doing it! This style is ideal for tanning or taking a little nap on the beach (sign us up!) Although it may seem difficult to achieve, it is extremely easy to do, plus you do not have to worry about your hair blowing in the wind while you relax at the beach.
- First start by taking a small section of hair towards the right of your face. (For this style, part your hair down the center.)
- Begin to french braid the small section of hair, the trick is to only incorporate outside hair to the braid until the braid reaches your ear then just continue with a regular braid.
- Repeat Step 2, with the left section of your hair. Once you reach the bottom, grab both braids and secure the braids with a Snappee where they meet.
- Now move on to creating a fishtail pony. Gather up the remaining of your hair and divide your hair into two sections.
- Start with the right side, take a small piece of hair from the farthest right and cross it over to the left section.
- For the left section take another small piece of hair from the farthest left and cross it over to the right section.
- Continue the fishtail braid by repeating Steps 5 & 6, until you reach the end, and secure with a Snappee.
- We lightly tugged on individual pieces of the hair to achieve this loose look. (This also makes your braid look bigger and fuller).
Summertime is for tanning, and enjoying summer activities in the sun, but let us not forget how harmful sun rays can be to our hair. That is why we prepared some hair do’s that require little to no additional harsh chemicals that can damage your hair even further (plus these are easy to create). By following our “how to” guide to these three gorgeous summer hair do’s we can ensure you that your summer will be made up of nothing but fun in the sun (and let’s not forget great hair!)
Snappee On The Go April 28 2016
A Day With Snappee
Imagine those days where you get everything right, including your hair. Aren’t they the best? Maybe it's a bit of faith, or a bit of luck. Well, we think Snappee has something to do with that too!
We recently spent the day with cheer captain Regene to see how Snappee helps her transition throughout her day. As a busy full-time college student, undecided major, with many duties such as studying for exams, planning cheer activities, and managing a part-time job. Regene finds it easiest to style her curly 3B hair with Snappees, Mixed Chicks hair creme and oil to keep her beautiful curls bouncy and in tact.
At the start of her day she goes through her usual morning routine of spraying water to revive her curls and applying a bit of product, then putting her hair back with the Snappee headband style to keep her curls in place for class. Regene finds it best to have her hair down, but out of her face during the day.
By mid-day, she may be done with class and her hair is still perfectly in place but her day is not over yet! Regene then shifted to her leading role as cheer squad captain of 15. That is no easy task!
During our day with Regene she decided to work a half up half down ponytail hairstyle for practice. She loves to look cute while still being able to perform all of her stunts without fussing with her hair.
We followed up with her after practice during her cool down stretch to see how Snappee and her 'do had kept up after three hours of active movement. We found that even after all that cheering and stunting Regene’s hair stayed perfectly in place. She loved how her hair was one less thing she had to worry about and knew Snappee had her covered.
Even though our day with Regene came to an end, we were happy to see that Snappee helped another woman on the go, transition throughout her busy day!
“I love all the different color varieties. These Snappees are amazing to use on my hair, doesn’t damage or rip out any of my curls.”
- Regene (Cheer Captain)
Learn to Love Your Hair February 26 2015
Learn to Love Your Hair
5 Simple Tips for Loving the Hair You Have
With Valentine's Day upon us, we thought it especially apropos to talk about
It's not always easy to love the hair atop our head. It can be especially difficult for those of you transitioning to your natural hair style for the first time. It can be very frustrating to feel as if you have no control over your locks, but a little love can go a long way. That's why we came up with this simple list of ways to practice loving our hair! But don't stop there, apply these tips and practice self love as well!
1. Be Gentle
Truly touch your hair with care and consideration. Try finger combing your hair in the shower in preparation for brushing/combing. Use gentle, non-damaging products such as the Snappee Hair Tie or silk wraps to treat your hair right.
2. Take Your Time
Take your time to detangle with care. We recommend a wide tooth comb and a Denman brush for getting the rest of the pesky knots out safely. When styling, be mindful of causing damage for the sake of saving time. What's the rush?
3. Give Yourself the Best
It may take a bit of time (and money) to test out hair products, but once you have found your regimen don't skimp. You and your hair deserve the very best and don't you forget it! Some of our favorites include Wen, Kinky Curly, and Shea Moisture (pictured left), Moroccan Oil (not pictured) and Snappee Hair Ties of course!
4. Stay Hydrated
Challenge yourself to drink more water every day. Use a moisturizing conditioner, leave-in conditioner, and a deep conditioner from time to time. Another tip is avoiding over-processing and handling your hair - try protective hair styles. At night, put your hair up in a pineapple or wrap your hair in a scarf.
5. Accept Your Quirks
This may be the most challenging and quite possibly the most important tip for loving your hair, and loving yourself! Sometimes it feels like our hair has a mind of it's own. Go with it! Our quirks are what make us unique. Love every aspect of who you are including the cowlicks, grey hairs, varying textures and all!
6. Join Curl College!
I've created a new online education for women who want to grow healthy natural hair the easy way!
In Curl College you will receive:
- The Perfect Wash Day Routine
- How To Get Long Healthy Looking Natural Hair
- How To Choose The Best Products For Your Hair Type
- How to Transition From Straight to Natural.
- The Ultimate Guide To Curl Definition
- The Perfect Night Time Routine
- The Secret Hair Growth Formula
- Tools & Cheat Sheets So You Always Know What To Do On Your Natural Hair Journey
And much much more because we’re constantly adding new courses to support you and give you what you need on your natural hair journey.
Through with the woes of thick hair? January 30 2015
This one goes out to all the thick girls!
(And we aren’t talking about your thunder thighs) We are talking about hair so thick you go through a bottle of conditioner every week!
So how do you know if you have the kind of thick hair we’re talking about?
When you literally get an upper body workout putting a hairband in your hair…
You know you thicky thicky thick girl!
When you have to use multiple hair ties to get your hair in a pony or bun…
Ya thicky thick!
When you resort to the infamous sloppy bun because you’ve lost all hope and know your hair will just fall into a slop-mop regardless of your valiant effort…
You know you thicky thicky thick girl!
When you have to part your hair into sections just to comb it…
Ya thicky thick!
So if you’re still reading this, you’re probably a thick (hair) girl like Snappee founder, Keziah Dhamma. Her thick hair woes is what inspired the creation of the Snappee, Snap Off Hair Tie. And thank goodness she invented these life savers! Now, those of us with thick hair are able to rock cute buns and ponytails without breaking a sweat trying to lock them in, and without them melting into sloppy buns! (Sorry, Snappee wasn’t able to resolve your need to part your hair into sections before combing!)
Keziah’s favorite way to use Snappees is by connecting two hair ties together to make an even stronger hair tie for her updos. She is also a big fan of the Kinky Curly product line, which helps keep her thick and curly hair moisturized.
Hair blogger and thick hair extraordinaire, Chime Edwards, has awesome things to say about Snappee and choosing tools and accessories for thick and natural hair. Her advice is to lose those Goody rubber bands for good and protect your locks with a Snappee! She also gives brilliant tips on how she keeps her luscious locks in great shape in her latest blog about hair regimens.
We asked our thick-hair friends about their favorite hair care products and all of them agree that an oil is poignant. Most absolutely love and recommend the Moroccan Oil hair care line, while others prefer Coconut or Argon Oil to keep their hair moisturized. Let us know what your favorite thick hair accessories and products are by tagging us on IG or tweeting @snappeeinc