Learn to Love Your Hair February 26 2015
Learn to Love Your Hair
5 Simple Tips for Loving the Hair You Have
With Valentine's Day upon us, we thought it especially apropos to talk about
It's not always easy to love the hair atop our head. It can be especially difficult for those of you transitioning to your natural hair style for the first time. It can be very frustrating to feel as if you have no control over your locks, but a little love can go a long way. That's why we came up with this simple list of ways to practice loving our hair! But don't stop there, apply these tips and practice self love as well!
1. Be Gentle
Truly touch your hair with care and consideration. Try finger combing your hair in the shower in preparation for brushing/combing. Use gentle, non-damaging products such as the Snappee Hair Tie or silk wraps to treat your hair right.
2. Take Your Time
Take your time to detangle with care. We recommend a wide tooth comb and a Denman brush for getting the rest of the pesky knots out safely. When styling, be mindful of causing damage for the sake of saving time. What's the rush?
3. Give Yourself the Best
It may take a bit of time (and money) to test out hair products, but once you have found your regimen don't skimp. You and your hair deserve the very best and don't you forget it! Some of our favorites include Wen, Kinky Curly, and Shea Moisture (pictured left), Moroccan Oil (not pictured) and Snappee Hair Ties of course!
4. Stay Hydrated
Challenge yourself to drink more water every day. Use a moisturizing conditioner, leave-in conditioner, and a deep conditioner from time to time. Another tip is avoiding over-processing and handling your hair - try protective hair styles. At night, put your hair up in a pineapple or wrap your hair in a scarf.
5. Accept Your Quirks
This may be the most challenging and quite possibly the most important tip for loving your hair, and loving yourself! Sometimes it feels like our hair has a mind of it's own. Go with it! Our quirks are what make us unique. Love every aspect of who you are including the cowlicks, grey hairs, varying textures and all!
6. Join Curl College!
I've created a new online education for women who want to grow healthy natural hair the easy way!
In Curl College you will receive:
- The Perfect Wash Day Routine
- How To Get Long Healthy Looking Natural Hair
- How To Choose The Best Products For Your Hair Type
- How to Transition From Straight to Natural.
- The Ultimate Guide To Curl Definition
- The Perfect Night Time Routine
- The Secret Hair Growth Formula
- Tools & Cheat Sheets So You Always Know What To Do On Your Natural Hair Journey
And much much more because we’re constantly adding new courses to support you and give you what you need on your natural hair journey.
Happy New Year from Snappee! January 15 2015
After over 100 years of rubber bands damaging the hair of women and men, far and wide, we thought it was time to revolutionize the hair game. With the Snap Off hair technology, Snappee™ is giving hair care an upgrade and moving us into the 21st century.
We have all experienced the traumatic snagging and breakage caused by those regular old elastic hair ties. Or worse, having to cut the hair your hair tie out because of how violently entangled the elastic band has got in your locks.
Enough is enough! Stop the damage, stop the trauma, and save your hair with the new hair trend: Snappee™, the Snap Off Hair Tie™.
Snappee™ is non-elastic, extra stretchy and extra soft to protect your hair from breakage. Wrap and snap your hair into any hair style of your choice or use like a traditional hair tie. The brilliance of the product is really seen when it’s time to remove your hair tie - just UNSNAP and watch as the hair tie unravels from your hair without pulling chunks of your precious locks out in the process.
As if saving your hair wasn’t enough, Snappee™ has quite a few more amazing features:
- Washer & Dryer friendly - hair tie stretched out? just toss it in your regular laundry routine and watch your hair ties snap back to their original size!
- Universal hair tie for EVERYONE - it works on all hair types from bone straight to thick hair to 4C curlies, it’s great for men and women, and to top it off, these little gadgets are hypoallergenic for anyone with sensitivity.
- Doubles as a fashionable accessory - no more stretched out, hair infested rubber bands around your wrist looking like a fur ball your cat coughed up… it’s not cute and you know it… Snappee™ is a cute bracelet and can be accessorized to match any outfit!
- Long lasting - they won’t be trash once they stretch out (see above washing and drying routine) and they don’t break if you pull too hard on them!
We at Snappee™ rang in the new year by celebrating the thousands of hair strands we saved in the last few months of 2014. Our new year’s resolution is to rescue a million hair strands in 2015! What’s your new year’s resolution? Consider joining the Snappee™ revolution!